aws engineering team lead for a media company
We are currently looking for a remote AWS Engineering Team Lead with 6+ years of architecture and software design experience, and AWS expertise to join our team.
The customer provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of its end-users.
The main pool of tasks is associated with designing, architecting, and building core software products onto the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform.
- Design and develop unified ETL solution which fits for purpose of multiple domains of the entire organization
- Move 'Indexing Pipeline' solution from OnPrem to AWS with redesign of orchestration flows based on chosen ETL solution
- 6+ years of architecture and software design
- 2+ years of relevant leadership experience
- Skills to implement optimal from performance, cost, usability, and maintainability points of view easy-scalable and distributed ETL solution
- Strong AWS architecture skills
- Experience in ETL solutions based on Apache Airflow, Astronomer, AWS Batch, AWS Step Functions (or mix of them like Astronomer + AWS Batch, or AWS Step Functions + AWS Batch)
- Knowledge of Python and Java
- Ability to do quick POC to benchmark and prove viability of one or another ETL solution
- Strong communication skills to understand business needs in different customer domains and design unified ETL solution for the entire organization
- Minimal infrastructure architecture skills to build optimal CI/CD
- Proficient English (written and spoken) B2
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.