big data engineer for a financial services company
We are currently looking for a remote Big Data Engineer with a solid background in Big Data and distributed computing for 6+ months, good understanding of CI/CD principles and best practices and experience building data ingestion pipelines to join our team.
The customer is an American company operating a worldwide online payments system that supports online money transfers and serves as an electronic alternative to traditional paper methods like checks and money orders.
- Activities: data engineering, building data pipelines, migrating legacy code to new platform. Work with product and engineering teams to understand requirements, evaluate new features and architecture to help drive decisions
- Build collaborative partnerships with architects, technical leads and key individuals within other functional groups
- Perform detailed analysis of business problems and technical environments and use this in designing quality technical solution
- Actively participate in code review and test solutions to ensure it meets best practice specifications
- Build and foster a high-performance engineering culture, mentor team members and provide team with the tools and motivation
- Write project documentation
- Solid background in Big Data and distributed computing for 6+ months
- Experienced and highly self-motivated professional with outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good experience in developing Big Data, highly available, largely scalable applications and systems
- Experienced in working with modern Agile developing methodologies and tools
- Experience building data ingestion pipelines, Data Warehouse or Database architecture
- Experience with data modeling; hands-on development experience with modern Big Data components
- Good understanding of CI/CD principles and best practices
- Java experience
- Experience with Spark
- Experience with AWS, S3, EC2, EMR
- Experience in direct customer communications
- Python experience
- Athena knowledge
- Experience with Terraform
- Ruby (ability to read code)
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.