junior big data software engineer for a travel company
We are currently looking for a remote Data Engineer with experience building data pipelines with data from event streams and experience with different aspects of data systems to join our team.
The customer is an American online travel shopping company for consumer and small business travel.
- Support Data and AI Platform System’s product and business team’s specific data needs on a global scale
- Close partnership with internal partners from engineering, product, and business
- Understand the challenges of working with data at scale
- Learn new technologies and programming languages quickly, and enjoy doing so
- Handle constantly evolving priorities
- Take part in solving problems
- Be creative about communicating changes to a wide group of stakeholders
- Test your own code
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related experience required
- Experience building data pipelines with data from event streams, SQL/NoSQL, APIs etc. using distributed data frameworks
- Batch (using Spark) and Stream processing (Kstreams/Spark Streaming/Flink etc.) experience
- Professional development experience in Scala/Java/Python
- Experience with different aspects of data systems including database design, data modeling, performance optimization, SQL etc.
- AWS experience
- Demonstrable experience in writing code using best engineering practices and writing testable code
- English level proficiency B1