big data software engineer for a travel shopping company
We are currently looking for a remote Big Data Software Engineer with 6+ months of relevant software development experience in e-commerce and Big data to join our team.
The customer is an online travel agency and metasearch engine that helps book airline tickets, hotel reservations, car rentals, cruise ships, and vacation packages.
- Scope and deliver various Big Data solutions
- Ability to design solutions independently based on high-level architecture
- Manage the technical communication between the survey vendor and internal systems
- Maintain the production systems
- Collaborate with other development and research teams
- 6+ months of relevant software development experience in e-commerce and Big data/No SQL technologies
- Experience with modern languages such as Java, Scala, Python, Rest APIs, Redis, Apache Storm, Apache Kafka, Apache Spark
- Experience working on large scale projects (> 100M events a day)
- Knowledge of AWS (EC2, EMR) and CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins/Chef)
- Experience testing, automating, and instrumenting your code
- Knowledge of Agile/SCRUM Software methodologies (scrum, XP) and AWS technologies like S3, EMR and EC2
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.