database administrator (dba) for a data company
We are looking for a remote Database Administrator (DBA) with AWS/GCP cloud experience to join our team.
The customer is one of the largest real estate data companies in the USA with 4.5 billion records spanning more than 50 years. They operate in North America, Western Europe, and the Asia Pacific.
The main pool of tasks is associated with managing database clusters in development, integration, and production. In this role, you will be expected to work closely with data engineers and with DataOps engineers to repave the environment every 90 days.
- Perform database administration and maintenance activities, to include patching and upgrades
- Provide database and systems administration support for software deployment operations, data migration, and conversion, and other critical production operations support activities as required
- Provide expertise on database activities required to support deployment planning
- Support database provisioning and maintenance to accomplish task objectives
- Evaluate and execute conversion routines/scripts and verify successful completion
- Support decommissioning efforts of deployed systems and hardware
- Monitor database performance statistics and recommend improvements
- Load databases as requested
- Database management with respect to performance tuning, capacity planning, and managing tables, indexes, constraints, and views
- Manage users and security
- Site monitoring
- Stability, backup/recovery, and database integrity
- Control and redo log files
- Proactively identify and communicate issues, risks, and progress to the customer, contractor team, and IT stakeholders, providing options and next steps
- 5 to 7 years of experience as a Database Administrator, preferably with Greenplum
- Experience working in both Windows and Linux environments
- Proficient English (written and spoken) B2
- Database administration with AWS/GCP cloud experience is a plus
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.