junior database developer for a financial information company
We’re looking for a remote Database Developer with 6+ months of experience working with Oracle databases and experience in Database design and programming to join our team.
The customer is a British-based stock exchange and financial information company. It helps companies to raise capital and investors to build their portfolios across a range of global markets.
We are looking for a person that wants to contribute to a robust team of developers, and continuously deepen skills. The main pool of tasks is associated with the development and support of Data and Analytic financial applications.
- Design, develop, and maintain database tables, stored procedures, and supporting objects
- Work with data architecture team to provide operational support, resolve recurring problems
- Document database topology, architecture, processes and procedures
- Develop SQL queries and support ad hoc requests for data
- Identify inefficiencies in the database platform and provide solutions to the management
- Develop analytical skills to resolve technical problems
- 6+ months of experience working with Oracle databases
- 6+ months of experience in Database design and programming
- Must have experience in Database development, performance tuning and optimization
- Experience in troubleshooting, debugging and optimizing data and analytic applications
- Strong knowledge of SQL databases, ETL processes, replication, shell scripting on Linux and other modern technology platforms Unix/Linux scripting
- Hands on knowledge of relational database design and development (SQL, stored procedures, data modeling) and understanding of NoSQL databases
- Ability to work as part of a team and also individually with a self-starter ("can do") attitude
- English level proficiency B1
nice to have
- Experience in the finance industry or knowledge of financial products