junior devops engineer for an insurance company
Currently we are looking for a remote DevOps Engineer to join our global team.
The customer is a British-American multinational risk management, insurance brokerage and advisory company. The firm has roots dating from 1828 and is the third largest insurance broker in the world.
- Evolve our CI/CD tool and pipelines for continuous development
- Provide support and guidance to the development team in areas such as onboarding, CI/CD, investigating platform issues etc.
- Ensure deployment strategies for products are repeatable, scalable and highly available and will also have a deep technical knowledge, providing support to delivery teams and solving complex problems
- Write Infrastructure as Code with ARM, Terraform, Pulumi
- Create and maintain dashboards and monitors
- Strong experience architecting, developing, implementing and tuning cloud-based SaaS solutions, especially on Azure. AWS is also highly regarded
- Extensive experience administering CI systems, creating build configurations and pipelines (VSTS/Azure DevOps, TeamCity, NuGet, MSBuild)
- Experience administering version control systems such as VSTS / Git and SVN
- Familiarity with Microsoft .NET development environment, Visual Studio
- Strong scripting skills (PowerShell), software development skills using C# .NET
- Confident English level (B2+)
- At least 6+ months of working experience
nice to have
- Experience of using configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible etc.)
- Experience of cloud technologies (primarily Azure but also AWS), and of migrating on-premise infrastructure to the cloud
- Knowledge of Linux operating systems e.g. RHEL/OpenShift
- Understanding of network topologies and common network protocols and services
- Knowledge of security best practices and tools
- Experience of Windows & Linux containers and orchestration platforms (Docker, Kubernetes)