devops engineer with mongodb for an entertainment company
We are currently looking for a remote DevOps Engineer with6+ months of experience performing database administration for MongoDB, strong Linux knowledge, and AWS proficiency to join our team.
The customer provides Direct-to-Consumer services encompassing global entertainment and news TV properties, TV stations group, and radio businesses.
The main pool of tasks is associated with the support of MongoDB technology platforms and application databases in production, development, and test environments.
- Participate in the design, implementation and support of MongoDB databases and distributed systems in a client/server environment
- Provide technical leadership for MongoDB related initiatives, database administration and maintenance activities
- Work with Developers/Users to resolve data conflicts and inappropriate data usage
- Implementation and support of HA Clustering
- Performance analysis tools related to KPI’s like database storage I/O, CPU, Memory and TPS
- Installing, configuring and maintaining multiple MongoDB instances
- ETL processes, Job Scheduling, routine MongoDB maintenance
- Database reporting
- Performance tuning and optimization of stored procedures, scripting, and select queries
- Design, implementation and troubleshooting backup/recovery for MongoDB databases
- Disaster Recovery planning and execution for database restoration in alternate locations
- Understanding of MongoDB database security access and authentication (LDAP and Active Directory)
- 6+ months of experience performing database administration for MongoDB in a highly active setting
- Experience in all phases of database administration
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and business functions
- Strong analytical skills to determine effective approaches to business solutions
- Understanding of database best practices and the ability to promote those best practices in the organization
- At least Upper-Intermediate level of both spoken and written English (B2 and higher)
- DevOps skills and background
- Practical skills with Linux systems
- Good understanding of CI/CD (Jenkins and/or GitLab) and AWS cloud infrastructure
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.