go language team lead for a retail company
We're looking for a remote Go Language Team Lead with 10+ years in software development, DevOps role, or SRE role to join our team.
The customer is an American multinational retail corporation that operates a chain of hypermarkets, discount department stores, and grocery stores.
Site Reliability Engineers are hybrid systems and software engineers who are responsible and take ownership for reliability, scalability, automation, and other issues related to uptime and availability of the customer's e-commerce/Stores/Distribution Center and Enterprise platform.
You're right for the job if you're comfortable with deep technical Linux, networking topics, and distributed architectures. The goal is to build, scale and guard the Site Reliability Platform. You'll excel if you have enthusiasm for digging deep, and a flare for sharp technical communication, prioritization and organization.
- Work cross-functionally amongst a variety of teams and be a core contributor in every significant engineering service or solution that we deliver to the stakeholders
- Work directly with the Software Engineering teams to build the next generation “always up” cloud-based e-commerce/Stores/Distribution Center and Enterprise platform
- Work with other developers and DevOps practitioners to produce mission-critical infrastructure, tools, and processes that will ensure highest levels of availability and reliability of all customer's websites
- Work with management, peers, and customers to define and implement the technical vision of the team
- 10+ years in software development, DevOps role, or SRE role
- 2+ years of relevant leadership experience
- Programming experience in one or more of the following languages: Go (a must), Java, Python, Ruby, Shell
- Experience in designing, investigating, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale enterprise systems
- Methodical and systematic problem-solving approach, combined with a solid awareness of ownership, initiative and drive
- Fluency with running services at scale; In depth understanding of Unix systems internals and networking
- Networking knowledge and in depth understanding of network concepts, such as different protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, etc.), MAC addresses, IP packets, DNS, OSI layers, and load balancing)
- Understanding of Unix/Linux systems from kernel to shell and beyond, taking in system libraries, file systems, and client-server protocols along the way. Experience administering Linux systems in a production environment
- Experience with distributed version control like Git or similar
- Experience with IaaS and PaaS providers such as AWS, AZURE OpenStack
- Experience with enterprise monitoring solutions like AppDynamics, New Relic, Prometheus, Graphite, Nagios, Sensu and Splunk
- Familiarity with continuous integration/deployment processes and tools such as Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, etc.
- Proficient English (written and spoken) B2
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.