java developer for an information services company
Currently, we are looking for a remote Java Developer for an Information services company for our team.
The customer is a British-based stock exchange and financial information company. It helps companies to raise capital and investors build their portfolios across a range of global markets.
- Play key developer role;
- Write high quality and testable code following clean code and SOLID design principles;
- Design small-size solutions for scrum team;
- Help setting up and conducting code review flow, branch strategy;
- Create design diagrams, technical and project documentation;
- Plan personal schedule of work and implement functionality without direct supervision;
- Perform profiling and troubleshooting of existing solutions;
- Help coordinating application deployment;
- Participate in workshops and presentation of proposed solutions to clients;
- Communicate with clients on a regular basis to clarify business requirements;
- Assist team members with providing with technical solutions.
- 6+ months of software development experience;
- English level B2+;
- Experience of Amazon Web Services (AWS);
- Experience in scrum methodology;
- Working experience in global environment where colleagues, stakeholders and onsite client team are based in different locations, be able to cope with cultural and time zone differences;
- Experience in presenting solution to the team and driving the solution to completion;
- Expert in debugging Java and optimizing application performance;
- Minimum 6+ months of experience in software engineering and development using Java, including UML, Modeling and Design skills;
- Advanced knowledge of Core Java, Spring;
- Experience of DevOps operation (AWS, Git, Linux);
- Experience in integration of microservices in large teams;
- Good knowledge of Hibernate, Webservices, Restful services;
- Understanding of code quality measurements and able to implement efficient Unit Tests;
- Experienced in designing high quality solutions using OOP, TDD/BDD, Design Patterns and SOLID principles;
- Experience of Linux, source code control tools (e.g., GIT, SVN);
- Experience of CI/CD tools (e.g., Jenkins, Terraform, Veracode. SonarQube);
- Bachelor degree or above in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related majors;
- Work independently while in close collaboration with others in the team and across projects;
- Ability to analyze several possible decisions of engineering problem and evaluate which one is better suited;
- In depth understanding of different phases of software development lifecycle and understanding of Agile Scrum processes;
- Extremely flexible and adaptive to changes in priorities and requirements;
- Active learner who is passionate about technology and keeps up to date with technology changes;
- Good communication skills.
- Experience of NoSQL database;
- Experience of Docker;
- Experience of architecture design;
- Experienced in improving project's process;
- Experienced in mentoring juniors or colleagues with less related experience on the project(s);
- Experienced in conducting trainings or technical tech talks in the area of expertise.
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.