go to search
java development team lead
Java Development Team Lead
We are looking for a remote Java Development Team Lead to join our team.
- Work with a team of talented search engineers using modern Agile practices
- Design, implement, and deploy enhancements and features in micro-services that underpin the user search capabilities, such as JQL queries and user-pickers
- Monitor and operate critical production systems that process billions of API requests and index close to a billion documents to provide reliable and performant platform-level capabilities
- Help us become a better team by participating in team retros, discussions, and experiments as we learn, iterate and try new approaches
- 7+ years of prior software engineering experience
- 2+ years of relevant leadership experience
- Experience building applications using ElasticSearch, operating ES in a production environment and diagnosing performance and reliability issues
- Experience building and deploying microservices in AWS is preferred, prior experience with public cloud providers (GCP, Azure) is a plus
- Prior experience and working knowledge of Java, Kotlin, Spring, or Dropwizard frameworks. Sufficient knowledge of the programming patterns to provide code review and suggest improvements to the existing code base. Strong understanding of testing frameworks and patterns
- Prior experience and demonstrable skills in configuring and analyzing application and infrastructure metrics using SignalFx, AWS Cloudwatch, Splunk, and/or similar tools for monitoring, release planning, and Incident Management. Working knowledge of SLO, SLA, Error budget, and production system management
subscribe to EPAM Anywhere vacancies!Hundreds of open jobs for Software Engineers, QA, DevOps, Business Analysts and other tech professionals
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.