junior java software developer for a global information services company
We are currently looking for a remote Java Software Developer with 6+ months of Java development experience to join our team.
The customer is a global provider of professional information, software solutions, and services for clinicians, accountants, lawyers, and tax, finance, audit, risk, compliance, and regulatory sectors.
The main scope is to extend and maintain the content crawling engine for the largest commercial Legal Search system in the Netherlands.
- Developing replacement crawlers
- Making improvements to the content retrieval systems
- Building new crawlers to retrieve relevant content
- Collaborating within a full Scrum team including a product owner, business analyst
- 6+ months of Java development experience
- Experience in Unit Testing, JUnit, Spring Batch, Spring Integration
- Experience with SQL (SQL Server, Derby)
- Hands-on experience with OSGi, Cucumber
- Understanding of the Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment principles
- Knowledge of Unit Testing, Test Driven Development (Maven, Git, Jira, Confluence)
- Experience with Jenkins, Containers, web-scraping and XML
- English level B2+
nice to have
- Experience with SOLR or Search