junior java software engineer for a research databases company
We are currently looking for a Software Engineer with 6+ months of Java experience, and Spring and Microservices expertise, to join our team for a new open-source project.
The customer provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of its end-users.
The main pool of tasks is associated with work on “green field” projects focused on designing, architecting, and building core software products onto the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform.
- Work with a team on design, implementation, testing and delivery of high-volume customer-facing applications that support customer’s products and services
- Collaborate with product management and your team while analyzing and decomposing complex software features into simpler stories for planning and execution
- Collaborate with your team to manage and estimate the size and complexity of the features/stories
- Perform the technical design, implementation, and testing of feature/stories and commit to what can be accomplished in an iteration
- Own system and feature quality throughout the development, testing and deployment phases to ensure quality delivery expectations are met
- Suggest improvements to continuously improve the quality of the team’s deliverables
- Conduct new technology research, proof of concept, and design work that will provide direction for the enhancement of the overall system and products
- Demonstrate ownership of developed components from development through production
- Knowledge of Spring
- Experience with Microservices
- Knowledge of React
- Understanding and experience with Redux
- Knowledge of Node.js
- English level proficiency B1
nice to have
- Experience with AWS
- Knowledge of CI/CD, Jenkins
- Familiarity with Scrum
- Experience in testing of web applications (such as Karma.js and JMeter)