The customer provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of its end-users.
As a Software Engineer, you will work as part of an agile (SAFE Agile) team on “green field” projects focused on designing, architecting, and building our core software products onto the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform.
- Work with a team on design, implementation, testing and delivery of high-volume customer-facing applications that support EBSCO’s products and services.
- Collaborate with product management and your team while analyzing and decomposing complex software features into simpler stories for planning and execution.
- Collaborate with your team to manage and estimate the size and complexity of the features/stories. Perform the technical design, implementation, and testing of feature/stories and commit to what can be accomplished in an iteration.
- Own system and feature quality throughout the development, testing and deployment phases to ensure quality delivery expectations are met.
- Suggest improvements to continuously improve the quality of the team’s deliverables.
- Conduct new technology research, proof of concept, and design work that will provide direction for the enhancement of the overall system and products.
- Adhere to software engineering best practices for design, coding standards, performance, security, delivery, maintainability and culture.
- Demonstrate ownership of developed components from development through production.
- Knowledge of React
- Knowledge of Redux
nice to have
- AWS: S3, EC2, SQS, EMR, DynamoDB, Aurora DB, CloudFormation, Lambda
- Microservices: Spring Cloud, Kubernetes, ISTIO
- Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Kafka, ZooKeeper
- ETL: StreamSets
- Monitoring: Sumo Logic, Datadog, Opsgenie
- UI/UX: React/Redux, Node.js