lead automation tester in java for an information services company
We are looking for a remote Lead Automation Tester in Java who can partner with developers/businesses for carrying out QA activities across Environmental Registry products. This role requires working closely with developers as well as the business team.
The customer is a world-leading global provider of market intelligence, deal execution platforms, and investor communication tools to investment banks and corporations around the world.
The person will participate in the design, development, and maintenance of a scalable automation framework across a suite of multiple products. A programming experience in Java (and Selenium) is mandatory and financial background is preferable as the individual will liaise with technology Leads, Development teams, Business Analysts, Product Development, Product Managers, and Operations/Evaluators teams.
- Own QA activities and deliverables for Environmental registry products
- Provide support to the team for estimating, planning, executing, monitoring & controlling test activities (both Manual & Automation)
- Review and recommend improvements to the current automation frameworks/tools being used as well as test strategy being followed
- Own the continuous improvement of quality processes including, Required Documentation, Testing Processes, and the overall quality of the team's software
- Attend client calls and discuss daily/weekly status with the internal stakeholders as necessary
- Work with the QA Manager to ensure product test requirements are meeting the highest standards
- Work closely with development and product groups to ensure deadlines are met
- Execute manual system tests and identify those that can be automated for regression purposes
- Ensure defects and identified incidents are prioritized and dealt with, and that any new versions of software are released in a controlled and timely manner
- Accurately report test progress to the QA Manager and other stakeholders
- The ability to build custom test tools, and detailed financial services knowledge would be an advantage
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- 5+ years of QA/testing experience in a software development organization, of which at least 2+ years must be hands-on automation using Java
- Experience in Test Automation Tools/Frameworks for example: Selenium WebDriver, SoapUI, TestNG, Jenkins, Maven, Git
- Good at Manual & Automation Testing
- API testing with tools such as Advanced REST client, SOAP UI or Postman
- Strong Java knowledge
- Excellent Analytical Skills
- Knowledge in Testing Management tools like JIRA, HP-ALM and various scripting tools
- Knowledge of Protractor would be an added advantage
- Experience in implementing a Service Level Automation Framework
- Strong Database knowledge, able to write complex SQL Queries
- Exposure to Waterfall & Agile methodologies (Scrum/Sprint) is desirable
- Must be detail-oriented and possess strong organizational, written and verbal skills
- Must be an excellent communicator both written and verbally
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt to project priorities and processes and ability to meet deadlines
- Proficient English (written and spoken) B2
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.