lead big data engineer for a business services company
Currently, we're looking for a remote Lead Big Data Engineer with 5+ years of experience in Big Data/Analytics, DW/BI, and AWS expertise to join our team.
The customer is a provider of high-quality business services in such areas as IT, Procurement, HR, Product Lifecycle Services, Financial Reporting and Analytics, and Real Estate and Facility Services.
The project focus is to implement the new Data Hub on the current platform. The main pool of tasks is associated with enabling the production of valuable business insights.
- Understand requirements, clarify with BA and data analysts when necessary
- Automating data ingestion processes
- Enhance data sets by creating automated match rules
- Automating data pre-processing, cleansing and verifying the integrity
- Developing ETL transformations for data from various data sources (IQUVIA, SCOUT, SAP, unstructured files)
- Working in a feature team of developers and test engineers, deliver results every sprint in accordance with sprint and release plans; report about activities via agreed project tools, timely report about risks/issues/dependencies, apply efforts to resolve and move the work forward
- 5+ years of experience in Big Data/Analytics, DW/BI
- 1+ years of relevant leadership experience
- Strong skills in Big Data - ETL, Spark, Databricks, Redshift, S3, Python, SQL
- Proficient working in AWS cloud environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team of professionals, that may include not only EPAM colleagues, but also client’s engineers and managers as well as third-party vendors
- Proficient English (written and spoken) B2