lead big data engineer for a business services provider
Currently, we are looking for a remote Lead Big Data Engineer with 5+ years of experience in software development with Big Data technologies and SQL skills to join our global team.
The customer is a provider of high-quality business services in such areas as IT, Procurement, HR, Product Lifecycle Services, Financial Reporting and Analytics, and Real Estate and Facility Services.
- Develop ETL transformations for data from various data sources (IQUVIA, SCOUT, SAP, unstructured files)
- Automate data pre-processing, cleansing and verifying the integrity
- Automate data ingestion processes
- Enhance data sets by creating automated match rules
- Understand client requirements, clarify with BA and data analysts when necessary
- Working in a feature team of developers and test engineers, deliver results every sprint in accordance with sprint and release plans
- Report activities via agreed project tools, timely report about risks/issues/dependencies, apply efforts to resolve and move the work forward
- 5+ years of experience in software development with Big Data technologies
- 1+ years of relevant leadership experience
- Strong skills in Big Data – ETL, Spark, DataBricks, Redshift, S3, Python, SQL
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team of professionals, that may include not only EPAM colleagues, but also client’s engineers and managers as well as third-party vendors
- Proficiency working in AWS cloud environment
- Proficient English (written and spoken) B2
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.