lead data engineer for a media company
Currently, we are looking for a remote Lead Data Engineer to join our team.
- Design, architect, and build new features and enhancements for our existing systems
- Create services that power the core of our infrastructure, implementing APIs and features for our mission-critical back-end products.
- Work with third party’s to make a seamless and integrated experience for our customers and fans
- Optimize throughput and dynamically scale our distributed systems to handle traffic and requests varying from the tens to hundreds of thousands
- Build scalable public-facing APIs that our products and partners connect to.
- Work closely with other engineers, architects, business analysts, and product managers to create innovative solutions that continue to push the boundaries of our business.
- Participate in design and code reviews to ensure best practices and high-quality code.
- Work on implementing and developing the latest security measures to fight against fraud and malicious bot attacks
- Develop consistent, well-tested code on Open Source Programming Languages and Frameworks.
- Takes initiative: stays focused: always accountable. Thrives in a fast-paced environment with the ability to focus on achieving the target while minding longer-term goals along the way
- 5+ years of experience in Data Integration DB and ETL
- 1+ years of experience in Leadership
- Solid technical foundation and experience with service-oriented architectures and web services
- Development experience defining, developing, and maintaining REST based interfaces.
- Deep understanding of the software and development life cycle
- Experience developing API services that are used by multiple systems in a cloud environment
- Ability to work with architects to build a system that scales horizontally.
- Experience with Python with a good knowledge of their ecosystems.
- Solid Experience with SQL (in Snowflake or Redshift)
- Experience in working with Kinesis
- Excellent communication oral and written skills
- Ability to execute processes and standards around code quality and the deployment lifecycle
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.