lead devops engineer for a global healthcare leader
Currently we are looking for a remote Lead DevOps Engineer.
Our client is a global healthcare leader based in New Jersey. Through its prescription medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies, and consumer care and animal health products, it works with customers and operates in more than 140 countries to deliver innovative health solutions. The company also demonstrates its commitment to increasing access to healthcare through far-reaching policies, programs, and partnerships. Its product offering categories include heart and respiratory health, infectious diseases, sun care, and women's health. It also continues to focus research on conditions that affect millions of people around the world - diseases like Alzheimer's, diabetes, and cancer.
Your main job responsibilities on this position would be to take care of Continuous delivery for customer’s SW products, making sure that all parts are as fast and as resilient as possible. To make sure, that the system and the data there are available as agreed. To deliver to project’s scientists and manufacturing people IT solution that helps them to come with new groundbreaking medical treatments.
- Lead a team of DevOps Engineers
- Interact with the customer via email, calls, onsite meetings, etc.
- Consult and assist in infrastructure overviews, cost estimations
- Communication & collaboration: participate in the discovery, refinement, articulation, and implementation of scalable software development patterns
- Coding: build Continuous Delivery pipelines, including Infrastructure-as-Code and using BitBucket/Robot/Jenkins/Artifactory/Ansible/Docker/Python etc.
- Documentation and automation tool creation: make the team more scalable by creating self-documenting technical systems and building scripts and tools to boost developer productivity
- Secondary and potential responsibilities:
- 4+ years in Release/Deployment/Application Engineering Experience
- 1+ year of team-leading experience
- Development experience in at least one of: Scripting languages such as UNIX shells, Python, Perl, etc. OR High-level programming languages such as Java, Scala etc.
- Experience in administration of various flavors of Linux machines
- Curiosity, communication, enthusiasm
- Desire to learn new things
- Version control system expertise (strong Git is a must, GitFlow would be a plus)
- Various Atlassian products knowledge
- Familiarity with software build environments such as Maven, Gradle, npm, PyPy
- CI/CD implementations experience
- Experience with Jenkins pipelines and Groovy programming language
- Good English skills both written and spoken