lead devops engineer for a healthcare company
Currently, we are looking for a remote Lead DevOps Engineer to join our team.
- Keeping your assigned site or service up and running or getting it back up and running quickly when a failure occurs
- Automating work including infrastructure needs, testing, fail-over mitigation, and much more
- Developing CI/CD processes to improve cadence
- Working closely with internal partners and teams to ensure that we ship software that meets security, SLA, and performance requirements
- Debugging complex problems across an entire stack and creating solid solutions
- Post incident-reviews to find out what’s working and what’s not and improving them by filling the gaps in the process
- Writing, updating, and user documentation, including runbooks/playbooks
- Using Chaos Engineering to test what you build under real-world conditions
- Running monthly Chaos Engineering “Game Days”
- 5+ years of experience as a DeveOps Engineer
- 1+ years of experience in Leadership
- Experience designing, building, and operating large-scale production Software-as-a-Service platforms
- Experience with monitoring and observability such as with Datadog and Prometheus
- Production experience with DevOps or site reliability engineering running web and/mobile applications
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Advanced experience on Terraform and/or (Optional: CloudFormation)
- Hands-on experience with AWS cloud platform (Optional: GCP or Azure)
- Experience debugging complex problems, including application running on kubernetes platform and EC2 instances
- Knows their way around a Unix/Linux shell, can write shell scripts, and understands Linux internals
- A solid understanding NodeJS and Java
- Moderate understanding on how database works, writing queries to interact with databases, and troubleshooting complex data layers. Open-source databases (MySQL, Postgres, Redis, Cassandra, etc.)
- A solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks)
- Understands networking and messaging, especially between services
- Has hands-on experience using source control (Git, GitHub) and feature branching strategies
- Have a track record of embedding security into the fabric of an organization and infrastructure.
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.