lead devops engineer for pure-play digital retailer
Currently, we are looking for a remote Lead DevOps Engineer to join our team.
Our client is one of the UK's largest pure-play digital retailer with more than 80 years of history.
Online business is represented by four digital department stores, which are built on Oracle Commerce platform. Each department store offers customers a variety of additional services, from numerous credit options and payment methods to extended warranties and insurance products.
- Consulting and assisting in infrastructure overviews
- Setting up, maintaining, supporting and monitoring distributed Hadoop environments
- Performing deployments and updates of the system
- Leading a development team
- Interacting with customers via email, calls, onsite meetings etc.
- Consulting and helping with estimation of projects. Helping with design of environments for them
- Monitoring and supporting servers and clients
- 4+ years of experience in support/configuring of Linux/Unix servers
- 1+ year of team-leading experience
- Experience in Hadoop, Hive, HDFS (mandatory)
- Experience with AWS IaaS components is a must
- 1+ year of experience in building secure and high available infrastructure in Cloud.AWS
- Hands-on experience in EC2, VPC, S3, ELB, Auto-scaling, Cloud Watch and etc.
- Experience in using auto configuration systems: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Good knowledge of Scripting: Python, Bash, Powershell
- Deep understanding of CI/CD and project life-cycle principles. Disaster recovery and Zero downtime upgrade techniques
- Ability to develop and introduce a solution (CI/CD + infrastructure design) which fits project needs
- Good communication skill to sell client the solution
- English level B2+