lead devops engineer for the world's major provider of scientific, technical, and medical information
Currently, we are looking for a remote Lead DevOps Engineer
Our customer is one of the world's major providers of scientific, technical, and medical information.
The customer has a huge amount of data and lots of software products utilizing this data. The goal of this project is to provide “search as a service” capability to extract valuable information out of Big Data and provide it for other products in an unformed and effective way.
- Lead a team of at least 3 System Engineers
- Interact with the customer via email, calls, onsite meetings, etc.
- Consult and assist in infrastructure overviews, cost estimations
- Use DevOps approach to collaborate with developers, build and operate critical, highly loaded systems
- Develop and apply CI/CD approach and tools
- Write infrastructure code and automation
- Perform deployments and updates of the system
- Perform stress testing and validation of the environment
- Develop and apply blue-green zero-downtime upgrade for different clusters
- Ensure security, High Availability, Disaster Recovery and all current best practices
- Develop and apply log aggregation and monitoring, etc.
- 4+ years in Release/Deployment/Application Engineering Experience
- 1+ year of team-leading experience
- Strong experience with Cloud technologies (AWS)
- Experience in using auto configuration systems (Puppet)
- Experience with Docker will be a plus
- Good understanding of and practical experience with JVM (Java/Scala) will be a plus
- Knowledge of Kafka will be a plus
- Experience with Terraform will be a plus
- Experience working with Cassandra will be a plus
- Experience with Solr will be a plus
- Experience with Spark will be a plus
- Understanding of Big Data will be a plus
- Excellent spoken and written English
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.