go to search
lead devops engineer for the world's major provider of scientific, technical, and medical information
Sorry, the job is expired
Lead DevOps Engineer for the World's Major Provider of Scientific, Technical, and Medical Information
Currently, we are looking for a remote Lead DevOps Engineer
Our customer is one of the world's major providers of scientific, technical, and medical information.
The customer has a huge amount of data and lots of software products utilizing this data. The goal of this project is to provide “search as a service” capability to extract valuable information out of Big Data and provide it for other products in an unformed and effective way.
- Lead a team of at least 3 System Engineers
- Interact with the customer via email, calls, onsite meetings, etc.
- Consult and assist in infrastructure overviews, cost estimations
- Use DevOps approach to collaborate with developers, build and operate critical, highly loaded systems
- Develop and apply CI/CD approach and tools
- Write infrastructure code and automation
- Perform deployments and updates of the system
- Perform stress testing and validation of the environment
- Develop and apply blue-green zero-downtime upgrade for different clusters
- Ensure security, High Availability, Disaster Recovery and all current best practices
- Develop and apply log aggregation and monitoring, etc.
- 4+ years in Release/Deployment/Application Engineering Experience
- 1+ year of team-leading experience
- Strong experience with Cloud technologies (AWS)
- Experience in using auto configuration systems (Puppet)
- Experience with Docker will be a plus
- Good understanding of and practical experience with JVM (Java/Scala) will be a plus
- Knowledge of Kafka will be a plus
- Experience with Terraform will be a plus
- Experience working with Cassandra will be a plus
- Experience with Solr will be a plus
- Experience with Spark will be a plus
- Understanding of Big Data will be a plus
- Excellent spoken and written English
benefits for locations
- Insurance Coverage
- Paid Leaves – including maternity, bereavement, paternity, and special COVID-19 leaves.
- Financial assistance for medical crisis
- Retiral Benefits – VPF and NPS
- Customized Mindfulness and Wellness programs
- EPAM Hobby Clubs
For your comfortable work
- Hybrid Work Model
- Soft loans to set up workspace at home
- Stable workload
- Relocation opportunities with ‘EPAM without Borders’ program
For your growth
- Certification trainings for technical and soft skills
- Access to unlimited LinkedIn Learning platform
- Access to internal learning programs set up by world class trainers
- Community networking and idea creation platforms
- Mentorship programs
- Self-driven career progression tool
get job alerts in your inboxHundreds of open jobs for Software Engineers, QA, DevOps, Business Analysts and other tech professionals
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.