lead devops with aws for an information services company
Currently, we are looking for remote Lead DevOps with expertise with Linux, particularly Ubuntu and systemd and expertise with Amazon cloud products and offerings to join our team.
The customer provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of its end-users.
The primary focus for this position is to manage existing small-team infrastructure and product operations while furthering integration into EIS' overall large scale infrastructure. This person will help to run the existing Rackspace systems, and to do some work later in helping move those to AWS.
- Handle internal user account management: new requests, deletions, authorization
- Manage external vendor accounts for hosting, cloud computing, etc.
- Make sure periodic renewals are occurring correctly
- Watch monitoring applications for alerts and handle them appropriately, from the operating system up
- Monitor security systems and traffic for indications of attack or intrusion
- Front line request handling for incidents or planning for new resource allocation
- Maintain configuration management for nodes, attributes, and recipes
- Perform periodic reboots
- Internal-facing application administration
- Keep documentation up to date
- Assist with transitioning from Rackspace to AWS services
- Perform periodic software upgrades where focused attention is required
- Periodic database maintenance
- Assist developers with continuous integration and builds as well as deployment
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in a DevOps (or similar) role
- Expertise with Linux, particularly Ubuntu and systemd
- Expertise with configuration management through Chef
- Expertise with monitoring environments for performance and security
- Expertise with Git
- Expertise with Amazon cloud products and offerings
- Expertise with deploying open source projects to Amazon cloud
- Familiarity with containers, especially Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with OpenStack node and storage provisioning and management
- Familiarity with LDAP
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office 365
- 1+ year of relevant leadership experience
- Proficient English (written and spoken) B2
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.