lead devops with cassandra for a big data company
We are looking for a remote Lead DevOps with Cassandra with 4+ years of experience in a production environment and 1+ year of team-leading, strong understanding of inter-region replication, to join our team.
Our customer is a big data company focused on premium video. Their comprehensive suite of offerings includes one of the world’s largest premium video platforms, a media logistics solution for video production workflows, and a holistic advertising platform for direct and programmatic trading.
- Leading a team of at least 3 DevOps Engineers
- Setting up multi-datacenter for Cassandra
- Implementing Disaster Recovery for Cassandra
- Implementing Backup Strategies for Cassandra
- Participating in DBA team on-call pager rotation and on-call support duties
- Implementing monitoring solutions
- Using Patch/Upgrade Cassandra
- Working with software engineering teams on Cassandra Data Modeling
- Performing tuning of large clusters with at least 2 digit sizes
- 4+ years of Cassandra experience in production environment
- 1+ year of team-leading experience
- Degree of BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong understanding of inter-region replication
- Programming experience in one or more of the following: Bash, Shell, Perl
- Proficiency in one or more scripting languages including Python, Java, Golang or Ruby
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- English level B2+
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.