We are currently looking for a Lead Java Developer with 7+ years of relevant experience in the design, development, documentation, and deployment of high performance, high availability applications using Java to join our team remotely.
The customer delivers a performance-based platform of offers for card issuers, airline frequent flyer programs and merchants.
- Design, document, and write code to implement high performance data processing systems, data warehouse analytics, REST micro-services, and feed processing
- Work closely with Product Managers and stakeholders to define and refine the product requirements
- Work closely with DevOps team on deployment, monitoring, and support activities on existing and new applications
- Develop supporting functional and unit tests and collaborate with QA teams to ensure proper test coverage
- Responsible for fixing bugs and writing feature enhancements
- 7+ years of relevant experience in the design, development, documentation, and deployment of high performance, high availability applications using Java, Scala, Python, Node.js, or a similar language
- 5+ years of experience designing applications and schemas utilizing relational and/or analytics databases such as MySQL or Vertica
- Familiar with source code control management systems, including branching and merging of code
- Linux/Unix experience with ability to do effectively write/debug shell scripts
- Solid comprehension of software frameworks, database technologies, and networking solutions
- Strong understanding of and experience with all stages of software development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, verification, deployment, and sustainment
- Minimum of BS/MS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Proficient English (written and spoken) B2
- Experience in the SaaS applications space
- Experience using Agile/Scrum development methodologies
- Experience with REST services, including Swagger
- Experience with Spring or Java EE, Hibernate and JPA technologies
- Experience with Spring Boot Framework
- Experience with AWS echo-system
- Experience with Chef, Docker or a similar DevOps framework
- Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Maven and Jenkins)
- Experience with message queues (e.g. Rabbit MQ)
- Experience with analytics, big data, and data stream processing solutions. (e.g. Vertica, Hadoop, Kafka)
- Experience with Atlassian tool suite (JIRA, FishEye, Confluence)
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.