lead java developer for a banking company
Currently, we are hiring an energetic, motivated and passionate remote Lead Java Developer with 5+ years of software development experience to help us design, develop, deliver and support the core components for Microservices domains, sharing knowledge and promoted engineering culture across different teams.
The customer is a financial services group that provides a comprehensive range of services to personal, business and corporate customers and has leading market shares in banking products in the Republic of Ireland.
As a member of the Development team, you will design, develop, deliver and support the core components for Microservices domains.
- Helping maintain and evolve MSF
- Defining and creating the long-term road maps based on teams’ feedbacks and industry trends
- Drive technical leads community of practice
- Drive architectural decisions across multiple teams and stakeholders
- Provide technical guidance, code review, consultations to other teams
- Advocate of industry development standards, design patterns, and best practices - promoting engineering culture
- Write technical documentation to a high standard using industry tools and standards
- Support and write Ansible playbooks
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 1+ years of leadership experience
- Strong experience with Java
- Understanding of security concepts, like mutual TLS, OAuth, JWT - Quite important
- Monitoring experience – preferably Prometheus and Grafana
- Detailed Spring + Spring Boot knowledge
- Excellent communication & collaboration skills
- Focus on software quality
- Proficient English (written and spoken) B2
- Automation experience – preferably Ansible
- Knowledge in containers and Kubernetes
- EPAM tools - Atlassian (Jira/Confluence), Jenkins, GitHub, Sonar, ReportPortal, MS Teams and Slack
- Microservices are built upon the Spring Boot and Spring Cloud frameworks, using Netflix Open-Source Software (OSS) for service discovery (Eureka) and service-to-service communication (Ribbon)
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.