lead java developer for a media company
Currently, we are looking for a remote Lead Java Developer with 5+ years of experience working with Java, and strong experience with HTTP, RESTful, and SOAP APIs to join our team.
The customer is one of the world’s leading broadband, communication, and converged video companies, with operations in six European countries.
We value professional growth and development, proactivity, and a critical mindset.
We need an experienced developer for core video functionality for the OTT platform, which currently is deployed across multiple European countries.
The project focus is on the server-side components required for video streaming. The range of potential involvements differs from video encoding and processing, big data, and networking.
You will be responsible for the full development lifecycle of the video headend components from architecture and design to development and integration with other back-office systems and partner's products.
- Design and develop new micro-services, extend existing ones with new features and technical capabilities
- Participate in Scrum events with the team
- Contribute to continuous delivery and integration pipeline infrastructure, platform-as-a-service contribution
- Work on improvements in development toolset including testing frameworks, deployments, monitoring
- Write clean, well-structured and maintainable code with automated test coverage and corresponding documentation
- Share architectural design vision with both technical and non-technical team members, including fellow engineers, architects, product managers, designers, and analysts
- Make technical design decisions with little supervision
- 5+ years of experience working with Java
- Strong experience with HTTP, HTTP/2, RESTful and SOAP APIs, XML and JSON formats
- Knowledge of software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management (GIT), Agile development, build processes, testing and operations
- Understanding of micro-services architecture, RESTful API design, Docker containers and cluster management systems like Kubernetes or Amazon ECS
- Experience with Java server micro frameworks: Dropwizard, Spring Boot, Ratpack or others
- Experience with legacy system integration and phased application integration
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Excellent communication skills
- Acting as a strong team player
- Staying self-disciplined
- Ability to bring clarity to ambiguous situations and to act decisively
- Having a systematic, disciplined, and analytical approach to problem-solving
- Good knowledge of Media Delivery technologies
- Good knowledge of streaming technologies like HLS, DASH, Smooth streaming
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.