lead java developer for a retail company
Currently, we're looking for a remote Lead Java Developer with 5+ years of work experience as a Backend Developer, Java Developer, Kotlin Developer, or Backend DevOps Engineer to join our global team.
The client is the biggest grocery retailer in the Netherlands. The stores are full-service markets (as opposed to discounters), known for their focus on quality stores and products.
You'll work with GraphQL and a new external API. Also, you will solve some big technical challenges: sunsetting the usage of an Oracle DB in favor of Postgres and MongoDB, combining data sources in Bloomreach CMS to speed up editing flows, supporting multi tenancy and more.
Together with the web and app developers, you'll work on providing a stable and lovable platform for the millions of users. You'll be a part of a hybrid and international team, with people from agencies and different time zones working together.
- Building the next-gen version of the Cookbook
- Develop and improve other new features for our customer
- Creating a new recommendation engine to help users plan their next meals
- Combining data from Bonus and recipes to help users find some great (and delicious) meal deals
- Building a community platform for home cooks, where they can share their best work, and rate and review the work of others
- Monitor the applications and services and keep track of performance and stability
- Making the content editors happy by making the Bloomreach CMS implementation as efficient and smart as possible
- An HBO (University of Applied Sciences) degree in Computer Science, IT or a comparable subject
- 5+ years of work experience as a Backend Developer, Java Developer, Kotlin Developer or Backend DevOps Engineer etc.
- 1+ years of relevant leadership experience
- Experience with Java 8 or higher, Services (APIs) and CI/CD
- Experience with Kubernetes and Public Cloud
- Experience with and knowledge of Bloomreach Experience Manager - brXM is a must
- Knowledge of Scrum/Kanban (Agile)
- A getting-things-done mentality
- An appetite to be the expert on content and how this is used and to be the CMS go-to person
- Proficient English (written and spoken) B2