lead java developer for an online retail company
Currently, we are looking for a remote Lead Java Developer with 5+ years of professional software development experience, knowledge of Spring, Oracle RDBMS, and experience with cloud development to join our team.
Our customer is the largest online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings, and fine jewelry. The company embraces a culture of adaptability. Its team is nimble, innovative, and resourceful and makes an impact on both the business and each individual customer’s personal experience. The company values hard work, flexibility, and curiosity and collaborates to creatively solve problems, constantly improve and implement meaningful changes.
This position presents an outstanding opportunity to design and build web systems that are fast, secure, scalable, and stable for a successful and growing company. The successful candidate understands how to analyze complex problems, implement robust and maintainable solutions, integrate new technologies into an existing stack, and delight customers (internal and external).
Excellent communication skills, a desire to work as part of a tightly integrated team, and strong Java experience required. Experience developing with Spring (Boot, MVC, and Security), GCP, AWS, Solr, Oracle PL/SQL, Docker, Kubernetes, Mongo, Nginx, and Ansible are also desired.
- Provide technical leadership for design and implementation of new features and next generation software systems
- Develop and deliver maintainable, scalable, stable, reliable, high-quality systems on time, and on budget
- Perform code and test plan reviews. Take responsibility for the quality of released software
- Learn quickly and apply new knowledge to solutions
- Mentor other developers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- 1+ years of relevant leadership experience
- Strong Java development background
- Ability to design architecture, provide estimates
- Proven track record of delivering high quality features to production
- Proficient English (written and spoken) B2
- Experience with Oracle RDBMS
- Experience with cloud development, machine learning, test-driven development, or Solr
- Experience with Spring (MVC, Boot, and Security)
- Experience in React, Handlebars or other front-end frameworks
- Knowledge of HTML5/CSS
- Knowledge of Web services
- Experience with a cloud platform (e.g., GCP, AWS)
- Experience in container ecosystems such as Kubernetes
- Experience with DevOps tools, such as Git, Ansible, Chef, Bamboo, Jenkins, or similar
- Experience with Groovy and Spock
- Experience with Scrum or other agile development processes
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.