As a remote Lead Java Engineer, you will live on the front lines of the products we create, and build features used by millions of people every day.
EPAM team is focused on application and platform development. We own projects from the beginning to the end but collaborate on them with the customer team as well. We don’t fix other people bugs, but nobody fixes ours: whatever we create we should support in production. It’s hard and it’s cool. We work on principles of continuous delivery with a high level of responsibility and are open to new ideas and creative solutions.
Our customer is one of the most popular American online resources for automotive information. The company is headquartered in Santa Monica, California and maintains an office outside of Detroit, Michigan. The customer’s web site includes prices for new and used vehicles, a database of national and regional incentives and rebates, dealer and inventory listings, vehicle test drive reviews, and tips and advice on all aspects of car purchases and ownership. In addition, the company circulates free e-mail newsletters to voluntary subscribers.
- Write a high-quality code
- Work together with other team members on achieving common goal
- Perform code review of other team members
- Provide estimates for tasks
- Meet deadlines
- 5+ years of experience in Java development
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Good knowledge of Spring framework, especially Core and MVC
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL
- Good spoken and written English level
- NoSQL solutions (MongoDB or Apache Solr)
- Experience with REST paradigm
- MyBatis and/or Hibernate
- Maven and/or Gradle
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.