lead software engineer (node.js) for building e-commerce solution
Currently we are looking for a remote Lead Software Engineer (Node.js).
This project is about building microservices-oriented E-commerce solution and API layer in front of IT. We are not building everything from scratch, we are starting to build each service on top of the customer`s existing systems (order management system, customers storages, and CRMs, etc.), but some services like a catalog where we have the freedom to provide storage and code architecture from the very beginning. We tend to build microservices with Node.js with Express.js on the data presentation layer. We are using Google’s Apigee for API management (expose APIs, provide OAuth, quotas, security, etc.)
The challenge now is to migrate Node.js apps and data from Apigee to Google Cloud Platform (we now use only NoSQL storage, but some data relational storage might be better).
We have 2 clients already using our app (mobile application and client telling app for store associates) and plan to migrate online store to our API.
Another big thing is Chat service to allow mobile app users to contact sales associates in specific stores, allow to collaborate on wish lists and orders, etc. We are using Node.js + Socket.io + Mongo + Docker for chat piece.
We are in the middle of building CI/CD processes using Jenkins.
The project is to build e-commerce API services on top of Apigee stack with future switch to Google Cloud Platform + Apigee.
- This position will require close communication with customer’s teams to clarify requirements and build reliable integrations with external systems
- Key developer will have to establish close communication with product owner and external services owners to clarify requirements
- Lead small team
- 5+ years of experience in Node.js (0.10 and latest, express-based Apigee's framework)
- NoSQL storages (Cassandra + Elasticsearch + Usergrid, Mongo)
- API architecture experience
- Good level of English (B1+)
- Experience in designing SOA/microservices is desirable