manual tester for a healthcare company
We are currently looking for a Manual Tester with good knowledge of test estimation methods, strong SQL knowledge and experience in SOAP and REST web services API testing to join our team.
Our client is a growing healthcare network management company and the nation's leading provider of specialized solutions to the workers' compensation industry. It's a mediator between insurance companies and medical providers. The company offers medical care, diagnostic, nursing, dental, and physical therapy services.
The project is an implementation of the new applications, services, modules, migration of the legacy applications to the new cloud platforms, and continuous enhancement of the existing business applications with the complicated business logic and multiple ancillary services with about 1M LoC code base and 2K tables in Oracle database.
- Design test cases, check list, prioritize and estimate them; maintain the test library.
- Perform testing of desktop and web applications, different APIs and services without supervision.
- Clarify requirements in collaboration with developers and Customer BA.
- Analyze the impact of new solution and execution of the appropriate regression testing.
- Help the Customer during UAT phase; analyze Customer’s bugs from UAT or production.
- Participate in stand-ups, planning sessions and retrospectives.
- Work with bugs, create test reports, maintain HOWTOs and other materials for QA team.
- 6+ months of hands-on experience in a Manual Tester (or similar) role
- Strong theoretical knowledge and practical experience in Functional Testing, Domain Testing, All Pairs Testing, Scenario based Testing, Testing of Complex Logical Flows, Exploratory Testing, Integration Testing, GUI Testing, Database (Data) Testing, API Testing, Risk Based Testing, Regression Testing.
- Ability to get insight into tasks quickly can effectively ask questions
- Practical experience on production project in creating and maintaining of clear and detailed test cases and bug reports
- Good knowledge of test estimation methods and experience on production project in estimations of own activities
- Work creatively and efficiently in troubleshooting and resolution of system issues
- Strong SQL knowledge and ability to understand database structure with multiple tables and relations, ability to perform complex select queries with joins from multiple tables and sub-queries
- Experience in SOAP and REST web services API testing. Understating of XML, JSON, HTTP request/response communication and status codes. Good knowledge of Postman, SoapUI (simple scenarios automation, mock services, performance testing), Fiddler (requests/response monitoring, debugging of web services communication) or similar tools
- Practical experience in requirements analysis and testing
- Good written communication skills and be prepared to communicate with Customer BA and QA team on meetings and by email
- Understanding of the software development life cycle and strong knowledge of testing life-cycle and test processes
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.