middle business analyst for a financial information company
We are currently looking for a remote Middle Business Analyst with 2+ years of experience in financial reference data systems, databases, and projects to join our team.
The customer is a British-based stock exchange and financial information company. It helps companies to raise capital and investors to build their portfolios across a range of global markets.
- Take a high-level project/deliverable scope from Product and/or Technology management, turn it into detailed requirements that can be actioned by the technology team, and own these requirements throughout the delivery lifecycle
- Two key subject areas: Search Tech Modernization (migrating the Search ingest system from on-premises to AWS, which in some cases will include significant changes to the source data and therefore business logic) and Search Business deliverables (adding new content/functionality to the Search backend, to support Business needs)
- Scale will range from very large projects (example: migrate a data source from a legacy feed format processed on-premises, to a strategic feed processed in the cloud, including mapping specifications, gap analysis, content issues, etc.) to small enhancements (example: add a new field to a dataset)
- Liaise with stakeholders (e.g., product/technology managers, content specialists) to gather and refine requirements
- Write detailed requirements as stories and/or larger specifications as appropriate
- Act as product owner for these requirements, actively participating in agile ceremonies such as scrum meetings
- Proactively work with the development team to refine and deliver stories, removing blocks and answering questions
- Prioritize deliverables within and across projects, with input from product / technology management where needed
- Carry out user-acceptance testing to confirm deliverables meet requirements
- Assist with planning and coordinating the implementation of changes
- Where required assist the team with issues/queries requiring a deeper level of analysis to resolve (but note this is not a support role)
- Proactively conduct ad-hoc or regular meetings as required to achieve project success
- 2+ years of experience in financial reference data systems, databases and projects
- University degree required, in a technical or business-related field
- Candidates with a combination of technical/engineering and business backgrounds are preferred
- Strong Stakeholder Management Skills
- Experience working with Technical Stakeholders
- Previous experience working with BE Projects with several dependencies
- Ability to implement BA process from scratch
- Experience of software development lifecycle and Agile methodologies
- Experience in analyzing and writing requirements for complex information systems/databases
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills along with attention to detail
- Data-related skills e.g., SQL, JSON, Data testing
- Proven ability to managing multiple streams of work concurrently
- English B2+
- Experience with Cloud Projects
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.