middle dba developer for business information company
Currently, we are looking for a remote Middle DBA Developer to join our team.
- Participate in the design, implementation and support of MongoDB databases and distributed systems in a client/server environment
- Provide technical leadership for MongoDB related initiatives, database administration and maintenance activities
- Work with Developers/Users to resolve data conflicts and inappropriate data usage
- Implementation and support of HA Clustering
- Performance analysis tools related to KPI’s like database storage I/O, CPU, Memory and TPS
- Installing, configuring and maintaining multiple MongoDB instances
- ETL processes, Job Scheduling, routine MongoDB maintenance
- Database reporting
- Performance tuning and optimization of stored procedures, scripting, and select queries
- Design, implementation and troubleshooting backup/recovery for MongoDB databases
- Disaster Recovery planning and execution for database restoration in alternate locations
- Understanding of MongoDB database security access and authentication (LDAP and Active Directory)
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Experience performing database administration for MongoDB in a highly active setting.
- Know how to create, install, and configure a MongoDB cluster
- Know what is and how to: Performance tuning, JSON, BSON, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, horizontal scaling, and the Mongo shell
- Hands-on experience with CRUD, indexing, replication sharding and so on
- Hands-on experience with journaling, authentication, and authorization
- Hands-on experience with backup/recovery operations
- At least Upper-Intermediate level of both spoken and written English (B2 and higher)
- Experience with AWS services (at least Elastic Compute, S3, IAM). Hands-on experience with MongoDB database hosted on AWS cloud is a plus
- Good knowledge of linux configuration, performance tuning
- Automation and CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Gitlab CI, Team City
- Terraform, CloudFormation, Python
- Any experience with Atlas or AWS DocumentDB
- JS basics
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.