middle java developer for finance corporation
Currently, we're looking for a remote Middle Java Developer for Finance Corporation.
The Customer subsidiaries provide insurance, investment management, and other financial products and services to both retail and institutional customers throughout the United States and in over 40 other countries.
- Work closely with business partners to understand needs and transform them into testable components
- Employ industry best practices to deliver world-class solutions. Ensure developed solutions remain compliant with all applicable Prudential standards
- Drive software development activities to meet schedules and timelines
- Thrives to ensure code quality is high with supporting unit test and automation, and timely delivery
- Research problems discovered by quality assurance or product support with a strong sense of ownership and develop solutions to address the problems
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and how they can be applied to Prudential
- Enable change, help accelerate innovation
- Demonstrating experience with taking intelligent risks and leveraging a ‘test and learn’ mentality
- Committed to a spirit of authentic partnership – to colleagues both internal and external to the organization
- Conduct unit testing and integration testing for functionality
- 2+ years experience as Java Developer
- Expert knowledge of the Java language, platform, ecosystem and underlying concepts and constructs
- Strong experience with AWS (S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, API Gateway)
- Experience with open source (Apache Projects, Spring, Apache Maven)
- Deep understanding of Kafka and streaming
- Experience with automated testing (TDD, Mocking, Unit/Functional/Integration)
- Expert knowledge of internet technologies/and protocols
- Hands on with engineering excellence, CI/CD tools and practices
- Knowledge of common design patterns and design principles
- Good knowledge and experience with security constructs – OpenID, OAuth 2.0, TLS, OWASP
- Experience with Agile
- Strong collaboration skills with business and ops
- Excellent problem-solving skills and critical thinking
- Independent and strong ownership of business problems and technical solutions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Mastery of algorithms and data structures
- English level: B2+
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.