junior python software engineer for a subscription video service
We are currently looking for a remote Python Software Engineer with 6+ months of relevant software engineering experience and proficiency in Python to join our team.
The customer is an American subscription video on demand service controlled and majority-owned by the business segment consisting of streaming services and overseas media businesses of one of the world's biggest mass media and entertainment conglomerate.
- Work closely with product and engineering leadership to spec-out, design and implement solutions for our stakeholders
- Write, test and release elegant software systems that are robust and scalable production ready using the latest technologies
- Demonstrate engineering excellence by developing high performance software, while following an agile development methodology
- Use a mix of technologies including Scala, Python, Java, Kafka, Postgres, Redis
- 6+ months of relevant software engineering experience and proficiency in Python, Java or Scala
- Experience with Agile and Scaled Agile methodologies
- Quality-first mindset with focus on test automation and CI/CD
- Desire for establishing and improving product quality
- Ability to jump into a project and contribute immediately to both implementation and architecture
- Desire to ship good user experiences that will keep our quality bar high
- English level proficiency B1