junior ruby on rails software engineer for an insurance technology company
We are currently looking for a remote Ruby on Rails Software Engineer with 6+ months of development experience and GoLang expertise to join our team.
The customer is a mobile insurance technology company. Its primary product is a mobile application that takes a picture of the property that needs to be insured (cars, homes, pets, jewelry, etc.) and connects the customer with insurance partners that can offer the best price and coverage across the US & Canada.
The main pool of tasks is associated with the improvement of the Policy Administration system for the insurance company to support a larger scale operation.
In this role, you will be expected to work with Ruby on Rails and GoLang, helping build microservices and backend code primarily, but also expected to be able to do some basic frontend work, such as building a quick admin console.
- Understand business requirements and customer needs
- Design and develop particular features or non-functional requirements (coding, configuring existing functionality, re-factoring, etc.) based on business requirements and architecture adhering to the software quality requirements
- Develop unit and integration tests
- Manually test developed solutions when it is necessary
- Document produced code
- Develop fixes for defects found by internal or customer QA
- Conduct re-factorings and continuous code improvement
- 6+ months of practical experience in programming technologies and software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Strong Ruby on Rails development experience
- Experience building UML diagrams
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Redis and Sidekiq
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Familiar with ‘You Build It You Run It’ concept
- Understanding and experience in distributed applications development
- Strong understanding of quality requirements and methods to meet them
- At least intermediate English level suitable for:
nice to have
- Knowledge of GoLang