senior 2nd line / environments support engineer
We are currently looking for a remote 2nd Line / Environments Support Engineer with experience with application/platform support, system troubleshooting, incident/problem management and development skills in Java and/or Kotlin to join our team.
The customer is a provider of investor communications and technology-driven solutions to banks, broker-dealers, mutual funds and corporate issuers. The Company's segments include Investor Communication Solutions, and Global Technology and Operations. The Company delivers a range of solutions that helps its clients serve their retail and institutional customers across the entire investment lifecycle, including pre-trade, trade, and post-trade processing functionality.
- Work across teams to continually review, provide feedback, implement best practices to improve the efficiency of the systems and drive future innovation
- Actively participate to platform issue resolution, e.g. calls, meetings, etc.
- Take full ownership for assigned platform issues and drive the incident management process
- Provide in depth root cause analysis, document with sufficient detail for handover to Knowledge Managers or Development, with the aim to prevent recurrence
- Perform issue triage, quickly identify appropriate teams to be involved and escalate as per escalation plan. Manage investigations and collect results
- Identify and propose/implement issue workarounds (e.g. for high priority issues) when appropriate
- Implement bug fixes
- 3+ years of experience with application/platform support, system troubleshooting, incident/problem management
- Development skills in Java and/or Kotlin
- Communication skills with all levels and teamwork spirits are essential
- Proactive with good analytical, abstraction and organization skills
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, prioritize and deliver in a time pressured environment
- English level proficiency B1
- Linux, shell scripting experience
- Experience with web based applications, cloud environments, distributed processing
- Experience in the financial services, e.g. trading, wealth management
- Knowledge and/or experience using SQL and Linux Shell scripting
- Experience with application/system monitoring frameworks
- Basic understanding of firewalls, load balancers, and networking concepts
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.