senior 2nd line / environments support engineer with aws for a global information services company
We are currently looking for a remote Senior 2nd Line / Environments Support Engineer with 3+ years of experience as a Systems Engineer or a Systems Administrator, and cloud experience in AWS to join our team.
The customer is a global provider of professional information, software solutions, and services for clinicians, accountants, lawyers, and tax, finance, audit, risk, compliance, and regulatory sectors.
The main pool of tasks is associated with Operations and Support IT services delivery.
- Primary responsible for Event, Incident, Problem and Change Management in the organization
- Manage and support customer environments in public clouds (~1000 hosts), consult customers on technical aspects of installation, sizing, scaling, availability, etc.
- Collaborate with technical and management personnel all over the world, participate in major incident handling (bridge) calls
- Provide system troubleshooting and problem solving across applications
- Use scripting languages to automate daily routines
- Participate in building Infrastructure as a code over public clouds and automating configuration/release management
- Conduct vulnerability assessments, cost-tracking audits and solve identified gaps
- Maintain knowledge base about supported tools/systems and team processes
- 3+ years of experience as a Systems Engineer/Systems Administrator operating both Linux and Windows based platforms
- Solid theoretical knowledge in computer networks (OSI model, TCP/IP stack, routing, VPN)
- Proficiency in scripting languages: Bash, Python, PowerShell, RegExp, SQL/T-SQL
- Experience in maintaining web/app middleware for Java (Apache, Jboss, Tomcat, Karaf, JVM configuration)
- Problem solving skills, troubleshooting experience (networks/systems/applications)
- General knowledge for WAF, DDoS and Penetration test tools
- Experience with systems and applications performance tuning
- Knowledge working with GIT, Bitbucket
- Ability to work both individually and within a team
- Multi-tasking person
- Proficient English (written and spoken) B2