senior android developer for media & telecommunication company
Currently we are looking for remote Senior Android Developer to build native mobile applications for Fortune 500 companies. You will be working in close collaboration with the client, as well as other teams across EPAM paying special attention to solutions’ architecture and code quality.
ABOUT THE CUSTOMER
Our customer is the leader in the Media & Telecommunications industry. The company provides a wide range of innovative products, such as direct-broadcast satellite, media, and entertainment platforms, digital video recorders. Their progressive broadband internet, video, and voice services give people an opportunity to plunge into an all-digital networked world and simplify their lives through meaningful innovation. The customer distributes its top-tier products and services operating in more than 30 countries across Europe, Latin America, and the Caribbean.
- Take part in the development of native mobile apps with Android
- Work within a team of developers to complete proposed initiatives, contributing application architecture and implementation guidance
- Quickly gain an understanding of our clients’ requirements, technology needs and solution architecture
- Collaborate with clients and internal teams to develop appropriate solutions
- Brainstorm with team members and prove ability to think on the fly
- Strong Android development skills (3+ years of commercial experience)
- Strong Java development skills (3+ years of commercial development experience on Java - Java SE)
- Understanding of mobile application design and UX
- Experience with Google Play Services API (Location, Map, GCM, etc.)
- NDK/C++ knowledge
- Design patterns (GoF) and architecture of the applications
- Strong knowledge of: Collections, Multithreading, IO, Networking, Generics, Profiling
- English level: Intermediate+ (B1+)
nice to have
- Reactive Java
- Event Bus technique
- Experience with 3rd party libraries.