senior big data engineer for a design company
Currently, we are looking for a remote Senior Big Data Engineer with 3+ years of Big Data engineering experience, and excessive knowledge of Airflow, Spark (pySpark), and Hive to join our team.
The customer is an American multinational corporation that is engaged in the design, development, manufacturing, and worldwide marketing and sales of footwear, apparel, equipment, accessories, and services.
The team is focused on implementation of ELT processes, preparing Data Marts, optimized for BI/Reporting.
- Collaborate with Client's SMEs and help to reverse-engineer existing data flow (Teradata, Informatica) to discover and investigate Data Sources, Data Flow related requirements (NFR, Validation, Ingestion, Consumers etc.)
- Participate building new Data Platform Foundation as per provided Architecture, Policies and Engineering Standards
- Understand and implement certain platform capabilities
- Understand coding standards and implement them within code being developed
- Design & Implement ELT processes (pySpark, Airflow, Hive).
- Proactively adopt EngX practices, e.g., Automated Testing, CI/CD etc.
- Review and Supervise L1/L2 Developers
- 3+ years of experience in Big Data Engineering
- Experience (or excessive knowledge) and descent understanding of Architecture, Usage Patterns, Tuning & Troubleshooting capabilities of Apache Airflow, Apache Spark (pySpark), Apache Hive
- Knowledge of Python (or ability to learn it quickly)
- Strong Troubleshooting skills; problem-solving mindset
- Experience working with CI/CD; understanding and following main principles
- Eager to learn; collaboration focused
- Strong Team Player; able to prioritize work
- Good command of English (B1+)
- Cloud Experience: AWS
- DevOps experience
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.