senior big data engineer for a software company
Currently, we are looking for a Remote Senior Big Data Engineer with 3+ years of software engineering experience in Core Java, knowledge and experience with large-scale data tools and techniques to join our team.
Our customer is a software company. Its mission is to help organizations better manage their software supply chain, enabling customers to build applications faster, with better security, and with confidence.
The company is a remote and talented product development group that works in small autonomous teams to create high-quality products. Thousands of organizations and millions of developers use their software.
The customer is expanding the Data team, responsible for unlocking insight from vast amounts of software component data, powering a suite of products enabling their customers in making informed and automated decisions to manage their software supply chain.
We are looking for smart people, who get things done in a team environment. We have a deeply strong team technically, though many places probably claim this. If you love working on and solving some of the most difficult software engineering challenges, you will love working here.
The ideal candidate has the internal drive and initiative to make the product vision a reality. Flow should be the predominant state of mind.
- Contribute to designing, developing and monitoring systems and solutions for collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing large data sets
- Work in a team made up of other Data Engineers
- 3+ years of software engineering experience in Core Java
- Database and data manipulation skills working with relational or non-relational models
- Deep curiosity for how things work and desire to make them better
- Proficient English (written and spoken) B2
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or another quantitative field
- Knowledge and experience with non-relational databases (i.e., HBase, MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Knowledge and experience with large scale data tools and techniques (i.e., MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark)
- Knowledge and experience with AWS Big Data services (i.e., EMR, Elasticsearch)
- Experience in Data Management (Big Data)
- Experience in NoSQL DB Development, NoSQL in Big Data, SQL
- Experience working in a highly distributed environment, using modern collaboration tools to facilitate team communication
- Experience in an Agile development environment
- Experience working in a remote environment
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.