senior big data engineer for data analytics company
Our customer exposes an API for other businesses to be able to access risks associated with a person, e.g. understand their credit score. Behind the scene there is sophisticated decisioning system and large data volumes. Currently back-end of this API has number of legacy versions, serving hundreds of clients, with individual installations for most clients.
We need to create a data lake for one of the biggest data analytics company working with personal information both domestically and internationally. In a nutshell, this includes replatforming of on-premises Enterprise Data Hub from Hadoop cluster into GCP. Day to day tasks include but not limited to creating spark application which manipulate with data from different sources including Oracle, Google Cloud Storage, BigQuery; creating pipelines via GCP Dataflow; working with Jenkins and AirFlow.
- 5+ years of experience as a Java Developer
- Proficiency in data engineering
- Expertise in Big Data: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka
- Strong knowledge of Scala
- Expertise in Microservices Architecture
- Ability to work with high volumes of data
- Experience in working with AWS
- Experience in working with GCP: Dataproc (Apache Spark), Dataflow (Apache Beam), BigQuery, Cloud Storage
- Good understanding of Design Patterns, Clean Code, Unit testing
- Experience working in Agile environment
- Data modelling skills would be a plus
- Experience in Jenkins, AirFlow with Groovy and Python
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate or higher English level, both verbal and written (B1+)
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.