senior cloud developer
Currently, we are looking for a remote Senior Cloud Developer.
The customer provides Direct-to-Consumer services encompassing global entertainment and news TV properties, TV stations group, and radio businesses.
- Work with the different software development and engineering teams to identify optimization opportunities to maximize ROI on cloud resources and work towards making cloud infrastructure cost-efficient
- Work to fully understand the client’s product and the way it is architected and deployed in the cloud, and the associated costs for each portion of the environment
- Partnering with architects and engineers to advise on architecture and resource optimization, waste management, capacity management, KPI development
- Monitor and identify increases in Cloud costs and other usage anomalies and be able to investigate the source of these increases
- Tracking utilization of cloud reservation/savings plans and working with teams to re-purpose freed up capacity
- Evaluating and investigating data patterns and anomalies to derive insightful knowledge that can inform strategic and operational decisions
- Recommend savings opportunities related to cloud commitment purchases (Reserved Instances, Savings Plans, Spot, Committed/Sustained use) and track utilization of these commitments
- Determine areas of efficiency and develop plans for optimization
- Develop, modify and maintain cloud costs and utilization reports, dashboards, and cost usage alerting and forecasting
- Implement dashboards and automated reporting for cost and cost compliance
- Partake in creating, maturing, automating and governing Cost Optimization policies and best practice
- Reporting of KPIs and recommended savings opportunities
- Partner with engineering teams to ensure cost improvements are working
- 3+ years of experience in Cloud Development
- Understanding AWS cloud infrastructure, cost reporting, and cost optimization at scale in AWS
- AWS EKS Experience, Containerization
- Expertise with tools such as AWS Cost Explorer, AWS Cost and Usage Report, AWS Budgets, CloudHealth
- Experience creating cost optimization dashboards, models and reports for engineering teams that utilize cloud services
- Be detail-oriented and excited about turning data into insights
- Work independently and as part of a team on multiple concurrent projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong desire to work with new and upcoming technologies
- AWS Budgets
- New Relic Infrastructure
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.