senior data engineer for EPAM project
We’re looking for a remote Senior Data Engineer with 3+ years of SQL experience and Python proficiency to join our team.
In this position, you will become a part of a new team responsible for an internal accelerator for data migrations into Snowflake. This position requires strong analytical skills and proficiency in Snowflake and SQL in general. Software development in Python will be a big plus.
- Elaboration of consistent hashing techniques between Snowflake and various RDBMS
- Mapping of data types between Snowflake and various RDBMS
- Generation of synthetic test data and basic validations
- Collaboration with Python software engineer(s)
- (Optional) Software design and development in Python
- 3+ years of SQL experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-sufficiency and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Hands-on experience with Snowflake
- Hands-on experience with at least one of major RDBMS like MS SQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle
- Understanding of big data concepts: data partitioning, data quality
- Proficient English (written and spoken) B2
- Software development experience in Python is a big plus
- Understanding of hashing techniques (MD5, SHA, etc.) is a big plus
- Hands-on experience with Spark, PySpark, SparkSQL, Hive SQL is a plus
- Hands-on experience with other cloud warehouses like AWS Redshift, Google BigQuery, Azure Synapse Is a plus
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.