senior devops engineer for an American global investment company
Currently, we're looking for a remote Senior DevOps Engineer for an American Global Investment Company.
The customer is an American global investment company that manages multiple alternative asset classes, including private equity, energy, infrastructure, real estate, credit, and through its strategic partners, hedge funds.
- Building and maintaining an observability ecosystem including the following components: Prometheus, Corthex/GME, Grafana, Loki, Jaeger, FluentD/Bit, etc.
- Coding work (Python and Go) on projects such as building API’s, self-service portals and observability platform automation and integration.
- Help to support a large-scale observability platform, including on-call shifts.
- Working with other team members to define the architectures and practices that should be adopted in order to deliver observability platform operational goals.
- Contributing to research and tooling for monitoring and performance improvement to provide solid SLAs for our customers.
- Assist internal customers in getting the most from company observability platforms, both guarding during the onboarding stage and encouraging the best-practice methodologies.
- 3+ years of experience with application and infrastructure monitoring tools.
- Bonus points: experience with Prometheus/PromQL/Cortex/Loki/Grafana platform.
- Understanding of foundational monitoring concepts: avoiding noise, defining CLI/SLO, etc.
- Experience designing and implementing central logging solution by using tools such as FluentBit, FluentF, PromTail or LogStash.
- Experience with containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon EKS or Azure AKS).
- Familiarity with Terraform, Ansible automation platform.
- 3+ years of experience working cloud infrastructure based on AWS and Azure platforms.
- 3+ years of experience working with Python, PowerShell, shell scripting or GO
- 3+ years of experience with CI/CD, Git, Terraform or Jenkins
- Experience providing operational support for a production service.
- Understanding of Linux and networking fundamentals.
- Bonus points: experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance. SQL and relational database knowledge (MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL).
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.