senior devops engineer with hadoop experience
Currently, we are looking for a Remote Senior DevOps Engineer.
Our client is one of the UK's largest pure-play digital retailers with more than 80 years of history. Online business is represented by four digital department stores, which are built on the Oracle Commerce platform. Each department store offers customers a variety of additional services, from numerous credit options and payment methods to extended warranties and insurance products. The main goal of the project is to build a new cloud-based architecture that would ensure dynamic scalability and improved customer experience as well as better performance and security. You will be responsible for setting up Hadoop infrastructure on AWS from scratch and integrating it with other custom parts.
In the Senior DevOps Engineer role, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining the development operations environment for one of our projects.
- Consult and assist in infrastructure overviews, setup
- Setup, maintenance, support and monitoring of distributed Hadoop environments
- Perform deployments and updates of the system
- Collaborate with development team
- Interact with customers via email, calls, onsite meetings etc.
- Consulting and helping with estimation of projects. Help with design of environments for them
- Monitoring and support for servers and clients
- 3+ years of experience in support/configuring of Linux/Unix servers
- Experience in Hadoop, Hive, HDFS (mandatory)
- Experience with AWS IaaS components is a must. At least one year of experience in building secure and high available infrastructure in AWS cloud. Candidate has to have hands on experience in EC2, VPC, S3, ELB, Auto-scaling, cloud watch, etc.
- Experience in using auto configuration systems: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Good knowledge of Scripting: Python, Bash, Powershell
- Deep understanding of CI/CD and project life-cycle principles. Disaster recovery and Zero downtime upgrade techniques
- Ability to develop and introduce a solution (CI/CD + infrastructure design) which fits project needs
- Good communication skill to sell client the solution
- Good spoken and written English
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.