senior full stack developer for an investment management firm
We are looking for a remote Senior Full Stack Developer with 7+ years of professional software development experience, both front-end and back-end to join our team.
Our client is one of the biggest hedge funds in the world managing investments for a wide array of institutional clients, including foreign governments and central banks, corporate and public pension funds, university endowments, and charitable foundations.
There are two upcoming projects. A project to re-write existing workflow-driven application that is used to manage business-critical assets, and a project to move business files from a network drive to SharePoint and stand-up permission-synchronization service.
The goal is to build highly functional, beautiful, and intuitive technologies which ultimately drive, scale, and enable the investment processes.
- Act like an owner consistently holding a high bar for the quality of the code and be passionate about doing things the “right way”
- Anticipate problems and complications, and formulate solutions to unblock the progress of the project
- Act as an owner, assume responsibilities, and drive issues to resolution
- React to a mission critical problem in an excellent way, and not sacrificing quality over speed
- Be open-minded, appreciate direct feedback, and revel in intellectually rigorous environments
- Developing extremely sophisticated tools and collaborating with some of hedge fund’s most sophisticated investors – not a product for casual users, but instead the products that empower a handful of the world’s sharpest and most engaging minds
- Operating within a dynamic team focused on full stack development but also working with engineers from several different areas of focus
- Strong computer science fundamentals with a mastery of full stack development
- 7+ years of professional software development experience in technically rigorous environments holding extremely high bars for their engineers
- Back-end experience in any popular language and open to study Scala
- Experience with both front-end and back-end engineering
- Proficient English (written and spoken) B2
- Deep knowledge in Cloud technologies (AWS)
- Back-end experience: Java/Scala, Postgres, gRPC, Protocol Buffers, Bazel, Prometheus, Flyway, AWS, BitBucket, Gerrit
- Front-end experience: React, TypeScript, JSON over HTTP, Protocol Buffers, Bazel, OIDC for auth
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.