senior java developer
Currently, we are looking for a Remote Senior Java Developer for a Retail & Distribution company for our team.
The customer is a Canadian designer, distributor and retailer of lifestyle inspired athletic apparel and accessories. The Company’s segments include Company-operated stores and direct to consumer.
- Using algorithms, data structures, programming languages, programming paradigms to create, test and operate sustainable client-side or server-side software applications and services
- Building and extending software applications in varying (cloud, hybrid cloud, and on-premise) environments
- Ensuring applications are designed to be highly available, observable, and durable via software engineering best practices
- Working with business and systems analysts to understand end-user requirements and translate those into pragmatic and effective technical solutions
- Working closely with onsite and remote frontend, backend and operations engineers to ensure deliverables are well-documented, secure and resilient
- Providing DevOps thought leadership in delivery contexts, focusing on the requirements of lululemon's end-users and how they are best served by continuous improvements to our delivery approach
- Collaborating with the engineering teams (onshore and offshore) to deliver on integration projects
- Engaging in ongoing quality and performance improvement to ensure reliability and security
- Designing release and configuration management
- Assisting in troubleshooting and resolving production system issues
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience in mentoring junior developers and providing technical leadership
- Experience with AWS cloud and implementations from a developer’s perspective
- Experience working with containers, Docker, Kubernetes or other container schedulers
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent
- Excellent team player, ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent pull request review skills and attention to detail
- Strong technical, hands-on, experience to support development, automated testing, infrastructure and operations
- Strong working experience in design and development of RESTful APIs using Java, Spring Boot and Spring Cloud
- Strong front end framework experience using React or Angular
- Familiarity with streaming platforms (real-time data at massive scale like Confluent Kafka)
- Fluency with relational databases or alternatively NoSQL databases
- Understanding of DevOps as well as experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Familiar with the project tools: Jira, Confluence, MS Office, SharePoint, Smartsheet
- Proficient English (written and spoken) B2
- Knowledge of Angular, ReactJS
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.