senior java developer for a business information company
Currently, we are looking for a remote Senior Java Developer to join our team.
The customer is a global leader in providing trusted insights and analytics that helps to increase the pace of innovation.
- Analyse design, develop, test and implement applications using key skills in a cross-functional team, project-based environment
- Contribute and review functional, design and technical documentation and specifications, and project plans
- Attend and contribute to code and design reviews, ensuring changes are carried out as a result of these reviews
- Ensure that all tasks undertaken are completed to a quality standard. This includes delivery on time, within budget, and to specification
- Maintain and optimise existing programs, working within a development team to develop additional functionality to existing systems
- Deputise for team members / your line manager as and when required
- Take responsibility for identifying training and developmental needs for yourself on an on-going basis
- Make positive efforts to promote personal safety and that of others by taking reasonable care at work, by carrying out the requirements of the law or following recognised codes of practice provided or advised by management to ensure safe working practices
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by your line manager/director on a permanent or temporary basis
- 4+ years of work experience as a software developer
- Solid technical and analytical skills
- Proven ability to analyse and understand complex business processes and data architectures
- At least 4 years solid Java programming experience mandatory
- Proven Object-Oriented Analysis, Design, and Programming (OOA, OOD, and OOP) experience
- Full software engineering lifecycle experience
- 4+ years proven experience in five or more of the following areas required: Java 8+, Spring, Hibernate, AWS server less technologies (e.g. Lambda), XML
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, B2+ level of English
- Experience with EJB, Netflix OSS, Oracle PLSQL/SQL
- Knowledge of Maven or Graddle
- Hold of Apache Tomcat or Jboss/Wildfly, JMS ActiveMQ
- Experience with Git/BitBucket, Pentaho
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.